Monday, June 29, 2009

NEW YORKED


Yashraj Films-I've got one advice for u:-"YOU NEED TO INTROSPECT". Well, the grandaddy of all production industries is on its way down. Well, at least their latest release surely indicates that.

After slumdog millionaire,I didn't get a chance to view any movies for a really long time. After weeks and weeks of waiting, I finally got a chance to watch one. There were 3 good movies in the list-Terminator,X-Men Origins and New York.And since I am a hardcore Bollywood fan, I chose New York.And the moment, the film started, I knew I had made the wrong choice.All my anticipations took a battering as i continued to watch the film.Its not as bad as Tashan or Thoda Pyar Thoda Magic, but it just doesn't deserve the "worth watch" title.

The movie, as u may have heard in the reviews, centres around the post 9/11 scenario when detentions were on a high and even a pizza delivery boy could have been on the suspect list.

The plot was good, but the script simply blew it up.They say it was the story of 3 friends, it was anything but that sadly.The good times of their friendship could be seen briefly, presented in its full charm through a song that had no intention of coming to an end.And the good times end there.

The viewer is then taken through a burst of scenes that portray nothing but violence, sadness, and misery.And the climax is even worse.Looks like Aditya Chopra loved Jannat and he decided to use it as the climax of this one.The only problem is he made it simply look worse.

John Abraham, Katrina Kaif, and Neil Nitin Mukesh did play their parts well.Even Irffan Khan was at his acting best, but this bunch of actors just couldn't save the movie from going into pits.

I am going with 2 out of 5 for Yash Raj's newest venture.Desperate times seems to be ahead for Yash Chopra and his battalion unless they don't pull their socks.If you ask me, I think they need to produce films with SRK in the lead till the tables turn.After all, SRK is their lucky mascot!!!

1 comment:

Nina Prasad said...

As much as i like your style of writing...I still strongly believe that you could do much better than sticking to movie reviews, such talent could be put to use by writing much better things.
the movie review was nice though.
cheers
niranjana
P.S. no offence meant.